A forklift operator job in Canada for Filipino is supposed to load and unload heavy industrial materials from trucks and transport those goods to safe storage space. Many able-bodied youths prefer to join in forklift operator jobs in Canada, where many industries have demand to fulfill this position in their companies. People need to know the detailed job role and eligibility criteria of the Filipino forklift operators in Canada so that they can apply for this job.
Job role of a forklift operator in Canada For Filipino
When raw materials arrive at the manufacturing units, the prime role of a Filipino forklift operator in Canada is to receive those goods from trucks or ships. He should check the condition and shipping labels of those materials before transferring to the warehouse. He needs to operate a forklift for carrying heavy loads over a limited distance.
He also shoulders the responsibility of shipping safely the finished products of his employer company. Moreover, many organizations give an additional charge of inventory management and maintaining the stocks of required materials to this operator. He also makes sure to keep his working space clean, after all the accomplishing the required loading or unloading processes.
Eligibility criteria for forklift operator jobs if you are a Filipino
- The job candidate for the position of forklift operator in Canada for Filipinos should have a high school diploma or equivalent educational qualification.
- He should also have certification in forklift operation and a valid license for handling a forklift.
- Many reputed organizations want the job seeker to hold at least 5 years of prior experience in forklift operations.
- He should also have good records in shipping and receiving goods in all his previous jobs.
- He should be able to make correct entry of all received and shipped products, to maintain written records of all these warehouse activities. Thus, this person should have a sound aptitude in Mathematics and an ability of accurate paperwork.
- This Filipino forklift operator should be available for working in the afternoon and even night shifts, as well as he needs to be ready for working overtime if needed.
- He should have the physical strength of pushing, pulling, and lifting heavy loads weighing 35 – 50 lbs.
- Moreover, he should be able to cooperate with other team members, who are involved in the same or related jobs.
Facilities offered to a forklift operator
Usually, a forklift operator is paid on an hourly basis and a reputed company in Canada that hires Filipino to do a forklift job pays $18 – 22 per hour as the starting pay package for this job. The payment is obtained at the end of each week, which is a satisfactory amount. Since it is not a transferable job, a forklift operator can expect to continue working at the location where he has got the job. The normal working hours are from morning till evening from Monday to Friday, unless the operator is asked to do overtime.
Important Information about Forklift Operator Jobs in Canada For Filipino Citizen
Therefore, the job of a forklift operator in a renowned company is a great opportunity for any young man in Canada. He can expect good professional growth in this career, including fast hikes in his salary package. Moreover, he receives all the necessary support from the company in his job.